CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled (First review November 4, 2022)
POSITION: LRCHC Grants & Contracts Compliance Manager
SALARY: $32.11 - $37.23 DOE
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
LOCATION: Lake Roosevelt Community Health Center (Inchelium/Keller)
Lake Roosevelt Community Health Centers provide responsive, high quality health care services that meet the needs of all users in a non-discriminatory, confidential, compassionate, and professional atmosphere. To meet this mission, it is expected that all employees, regardless of job title, perform their job duties in a professional manner; this expectation includes awareness of and providing high-quality service to our many customers, developing and maintaining job competence, ethical personal behavior, the development, and job maintenance of supportive and caring relationships with others at work and basic professional integrity. Meeting these expectations is a minimum requirement for continued employment.
The Grants & Contracts Compliance Manager reports to the Chief Finance Officer. The individual performs key duties which include managing the fiscal aspects of the grants/contracts process from development of proposal budget, review of key grant terms, calculation and projections of financial data, and contract/grant compliance and reporting for all federal, state, and local grants/contracts. Draft and revise a variety of contracts. Ensure the organization's internal contract documents are accurate and well maintained (file maintenance). Meet with staff to discuss both legal and business matters. Provide advice and guidance to the different teams relating to contract generation. Maintain excellent working relationships with coworkers, tribal employees, and entities directly associated with LRCHC, to ensure grants/contractual needs are met, and ensuring compliance with all OMB circulars. Create, prepare, review, and edit all contracts. Identify opportunities to improve business processes and devise plans to implement these changes with administration. Preparation of SEFA information for audit preparation and validation of accurate tribal reporting. Ensures grant/contract deliverables are met by coordinating with Administration and Project Leads/Providers. Participates in compliance meetings, responsible to coordinate all regulatory/deliverables are met. Coordinates with other HHS programs for shared 638 Indian Health contract monitoring and reporting. Responsible for salary allocations for all grants/contracts. Research, and writing grant proposals. Handles special projects as assigned.
Education and Training:
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- AA General Business Degree (required)
- BA/BS in Business, Accounting, Finance or relevant field (preferred)
- Grants/Contracts Administration training
- Experience with FAR – 45 CFR, Part 74
- Experience with OMB Circulars A-87, A-102, A-133, and, A-110.
- Experience with Indirect Costs negotiations and proposal development
- Basic Life Support certification (willing to obtain)
- HIPAA and Privacy training (willing to obtain)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of P.L. 93-638 Self-Determination contracting, regulations and requirements.
- Working knowledge of OMB Circulars, A-87, A-102, and A-133.
- Knowledge of federal, state, tribal and local laws that impact contracts/grants.
- Knowledge and training on Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) 45 CFR, Part 74
- Knowledge of general administrative practices.
- Participates in team building and conflict resolution.
- Requires sufficient knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation to prepare professional correspondence and write and edit report text.
- Requires sufficient human relations skill to work productively and cooperatively with other work teams, exercise patience when dealing with internal and external customers, and convey technical concepts.
- Must have excellent negotiation skills, file development and maintenance.
- Must have grant writing and project submittals experience.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills, strong computer skills and experience with healthcare databases and applications. Utilization of Microsoft IT application, Word, Excel, Microsoft Serenic Navigator, and RPMS.
- Must have excellent communication and negotiation skills, and the ability to keep detailed records.
Sitting, weightlifting up to 50 pounds, bending/stooping, crouching, twisting, reaching, operation of equipment tools, foot controls, etc. Requires sufficient hand-eye-arm coordination utilized to operate a variety of general office equipment. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers. Requires auditory ability to carry on conversations over the phone and in person.
Licenses and Certificates:
Requires a valid driver’s license and must be eligible for the Tribes vehicle insurance and maintain throughout employment.
Work is performed indoors. Coordinates with other Tribal programs as services may be required/requested.
Better than average attendance record. A background clearance may be required. Tribal member and Indian preference will apply. Preference will be giving to honorably discharged veterans who are minimally qualified. Documented Covid-19 vaccination is required. Professional conduct, ethic, and confidentiality are expected always.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Lake Roosevelt Community Health Centers, Human Resources Department, P. O. Box 290, Inchelium, WA 99138, Contact Leeann Romero, 509-722-7686 or firstname.lastname@example.org