At McConnell Jones, we aim to be a catalyst for positive growth fostering an environment where unique perspectives come together to enhance client solutions. As the 2nd largest African American owned CPA firm, we pride ourselves on the quality of our work, the tenure of our clients, and our own diversity—nearly two-thirds of our people are from an ethnically diverse background. The diversity of our people empowers the diversity of our client solutions, as captured by the firm’s tagline, Diverse Thinking | Unique Perspectives.
Our Mission: To foster an environment where unique perspectives come together to enhance client solutions.
Our Vision: To be a catalyst for positive growth through the power of diverse thinking.
Our Values: Creativity, Inclusion, Transparency, Accountability
Hybrid work environment with remote and in-office 2 days/week. Can be based in Houston, Austin or Dallas, TX.
The Audit Staff has a bachelor’s degree and is pursuing CPA track. This role performs audit duties in one or more of the following sectors: Employee Benefit Plans, State and Local Government, Not for Profit, Commercial or Federal.
You will have knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) and/or Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS).
- Participates in the engagement planning process.
- Performs detailed audit procedures on financial statement account balances, prepares and adjusts work papers from clients’ trial balance.
- Identifies potential management letter comments.
- Researches accounting issues.
- Recognizes potential problem areas in specific engagements and discusses them with engagement supervisor.
- Performs other accounting, auditing, and consulting duties as needed in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- As part of our compliance program, all team members are required to follow industry leading data and system security practices.