Summary of Position: The CDL Dump Truck Driver is responsible for the safety of themselves and those around them. The Driver is responsible for loading and hauling equipment on trailers. They will load their truck with yard waste and remove to off site locations. Load landscaping materials for delivery.
Goal: The CDL Dump Truck Driver's goal is to safely deliver equipment, materials, and more to and from job sites.
- Lift or move 50 pounds regularly.
- Operate trucks in a safe and professional manner on public highways, roads, parking lots, and at various job sites to deliver materials.
- Maintain their equipment by checking fluid levels, tires, lights, and other controls for safe operation.
- Keep an accurate log of deliveries and completes required paperwork for billing.
- Load and unload equipment or materials.
- Unroll truck tarp to cover loads when required.
- Assure product quality to the best of the Driver's ability.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer problems to the supervisor.
- Properly follow all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Supervisor or Human Resources Manager.
- Must keep the vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- Valid Class A CDL with air brake endorsement
- Valid DOT Medical Examiners Certificate or ability to obtain
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift/carry materials up to 50lbs on a regular and consistent basis, move about the worksite. Exposed to exterior elements (i.e. pollen, chemicals, cold and heat, etc.). Requires extended periods of activity including, walking, standing, kneeling, bending, and lifting, up to 100% of a workday.