Summary of Position: The Landscape Supervisor is responsible for the safety of themselves and those around them. They lead a team to install landscape materials and other items as directed by the Project Manager or Designer. The Landscape Supervisor should manage job sites for quality and efficiency. The Landscape Supervisor should understand how to motivate, encourage, and teach Landscape Crew Members and Landscape Supervisors in Training.
Goal: The Landscape Supervisor’s goal is to safely install landscapes by leading a team of Landscape Crew Members and Landscape Supervisors in Training. The Supervisor also seeks to install landscapes with the best quality and efficiency.
- Follow instructions from Project Managers and Designers
- Communicate with homeowners as needed
- Communicate with Project Managers and Designers
- Lead in installing quality landscapes
- Direct and teach common horticulture practices and installations
- Direct and teach common hardscape practices and installations
- Understand and read plans labeled with scaled measurements and elevations
- Translate from landscape plans to proper installation
- Direct team in performing work in an efficient manner
- Direct team in loading and preparing for the next day
- Maintain a clean and professional work site
- Adapt to various working situations
- Perform additional required and incidental activities
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma, College Degree or Certificate in Horticulture, landscaping or related field is preferred but not necessary. Minimum of 1-year landscape experience.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift/carry materials up to 50lbs on a regular and consistent basis, move about the worksite. Exposed to exterior elements (i.e. pollen, chemicals, cold and heat, etc.). Requires extended periods of activity including, walking, standing, kneeling, bending, and lifting, up to 100% of a workday.