POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK - Flexible to the needs of the program – 40 hours weekly.
QUALIFICATIONS - High School Diploma or equivalency required. Experience working with the Developmentally Disabled preferred. Good oral and written communication skills required. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling, in excess of 30 pounds. Valid New York State Driver’s License.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Assist in coordination of the people we support residential program, stressing independence, integration, individualization, and productivity with emphasis on the person’s choice. Be aware of the person centered approach and incorporate it into training. Must be progressive and proactive in providing for, arranging for, supervising and documenting services to the people we support to promote growth toward increasing levels of independence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist the people we support in buying necessary household equipment and in management of personal funds, purchases and disbursements; and assist in acclimation to the environment of the house.
- Assist the people we support in proper nutrition, meal planning and preparation as well as grocery shopping, and provide training as needed in these areas as outlined on the service plan.
- Provide guidance and instruction to the people we support in cleaning of the residence, general domestic tasks and upkeep of their rooms and property, and ensure physical plant is maintained in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Provide guidance to the people we support in available leisure time activities; assist in arranging or providing transportation. All staff shall be cleared by the transportation department to drive an agency vehicle and maintain their driving certification. If hired as non-driver or certification is lost, there will be a reduction in pay.
- Shall conduct and document fire drills as prescribed by regulation and policy.
- Shall communicate all person’s supported and household supply needs to the Residence Manager.
- Shall participate in staff meetings and other discussions regarding the person’s and household needs and the CR/IRA program in general.
- Participate actively when crisis intervention is required. Responsible for the implementation and follow through of all ADL, interpersonal skill training and/or behavioral support programs for the people we support, as directed by the Residence Manager and outlined in the person’s support plans. Staff shall document in a timely fashion prescribed programs as directed, assisting the Residence Manager/QIDP. Documentation will be completed the same day as program implementation and accurately written to reflect person’s progress.
- If designated by Residence Manager, shall be required to administer medications as directed by physicians’ orders and agency policy after successfully completing the OPWDD approved medication course and be required to maintain said certification.
- Shall attend, and demonstrate proficiency by written examination on all required in-services by achieving 80% competency on the exams.
- Shall report any illness or accident, or changes, or problems in the person’s medical status to the on-call nurse or administrator and shall use the appropriate documentation procedure and follow instructions as given. Nursing Notes will be completed daily to reflect monitoring of Resident’s health status.
- Shall write incident reports as defined by Incident Review Procedures.
- Ensure the needs of the people we support are being met, taking into account integration, individualization, independence and productivity with emphasis on the person’s choice, while ensuring their safety and welfare. Promote the five governing principles in improving the lives of the residents.
- Shall communicate to the Residence Manager or Assistant Residence Manager all matters concerning the person’s support program and physical plant. This is to be done through the use of a daily log or contact as necessary.
- Shall be required to accept temporary or permanent transfers within the department as necessary, in order to meet the needs of the person’s served.
- Remain aware of and follow policies and procedures as outlined in the Functional Plan pertinent to the assigned work site.
- All CR/IRA staff will be responsible for documenting service plan documentation per regulations and training. This includes all programming, nursing services, clinical services and self-care.
- Shall monitor the people we support during their sleeping hours as required and attend to any and all of their needs. Each individual and bedroom must be observed and documented per bed check log and team recommendations.
- Shall perform cleaning duties on a daily basis as required on the cleaning schedule and any other duties as assigned by the Residence Manager. Shall complete all cleaning logs and physical plant checklists as designated.
- If designated by the Residence Manager, shall be required to act as designated in charge in the absence of the Residence Manager.
- Shall be aware of and follow correct procedures for the use of personal funds, ensuring proper purchasing and documentation.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.
- Organizational Skills.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – Personalized home environment based on the people who reside in the home.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Premium Sign On Bonus Program: Effective May 3, 2021 –September 5, 2021
- Sign on Bonus of $500 after 3 months and $500 after 6 months (full time)
- Sign on Bonus of $250 after 3 months and $250 after 6 months (part time)
The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence NY is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disabled/veteran.