Assists members with questions and/or concerns related to the transportation industry and the members business operation. Gathers information. Assists members with industry related problems and concerns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a clear understanding of the industry, Federal rules and regulations that pertain to the industry, and how the regulations affect members, vendors, suppliers, and other departments within the Association.
- Maintains a clear understanding of the rules pertaining to Motor Carrier Lease agreements and how those rules and regulations are applied.
- Reviews and verifies leases for members and motor carriers, completing compliance letters when needed.
- Maintains knowledge of legislative issues both past and current and how these issues affect members, vendors, suppliers and other departments within the Association.
- Understands clauses and terms associated with Broker Carrier Agreements; will be required to do lease reviews for members.
- Assists members with cargo claims, load issues and lumping issues.
- Assists members with truck and warranty issues.
- Lends assistance to members regarding CSA, CARB, 49 CFR 350 through 399 and other federal and state regulations pertaining to trucking.
- Gathers information as needed to relay information to members.
- Educates and assists members with all aspects of trucking.
- Communicates often with attorneys, Federal and State offices and officials, through email, phone conversations, faxes and face to face meetings.
- Stays current on pending issues, proposed rules, and possible changes. This unit must stay current on LandLine articles, daily news and LandLine Now topics.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and Association goals.
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Adheres to all Company policies and procedures, safety rules, and operating and maintenance instructions.
- Keeps accurate records of time worked and submits timesheets at appropriate times.
- Works scheduled shifts with predictable and reliable attendance, adhering to department schedule.
- Works weekends and evenings, including more than 8 hours a day when the needs of the business demand.
- Performs various special projects as needed and other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years experience in the transportation industry and /or OSHA Compliance
- Knowledge of AS400 and Content Manager.
- 3 years of combination vehicle operating experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, stand, walk, sit, and reach.