- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in physical education or related field preferred
- Certification from a nationally recognized agency such as ACE, AFFA, ASCM, NSCA, and NSPA preferred
- Must maintain CPR, First Aid certifications
- Available a minimum of 10 hours/week during our operating hours Monday - Friday 5:30 am - 8:00 pm and Saturday/Sunday 6:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform all physical aspects of the position; including leading classes and activities, walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting
- Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates
- Must be able to work outside when weather permits
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to listen, hear, and discern members & program participants' wants, needs, and interests
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations
- Ability to demonstrate equipment used for exercise training
Only completed applications will be considered. To complete your application you must acknowledge that you have read the disclosure statement and submit your signature at the end of the application. You will see a notification that your application has been submitted if complete.
For further assistance, you may contact the HR department at 978-564-3093.
The YMCA is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, protected genetic information, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran's status.