- A proactive approach to work, allowing you to handle multiple projects or tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines with ease.
- Strong independence and the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in writing and troubleshooting PLC code, including Ladder Logic and Structured Text. Experience with Siemens TIA Portal (Step 7) and Rockwell Studio 5000 will be highly valued.
- In-depth knowledge of PLCs, Industrial Ethernet (ProfiNet, Ethernet/IP), DeviceNet, Motor Control, VFD Drives, Relays, and Sensors.
- Excellent proficiency in using hand and power tools, multimeters, and/or oscilloscopes.
- The ability to interpret electrical wiring diagrams/schematics, ensuring accurate implementation.
- Familiarity with hydraulic and pneumatic automation systems, contributing to comprehensive control system designs.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word), enabling effective communication and documentation.
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills, enabling you to interact with colleagues and customers professionally and clearly.
- An outstanding attendance record, highlighting your dedication and reliability.
- An Engineering Degree or equivalent trade experience, demonstrating your technical background and knowledge.
- Extensive experience in the Industrial Electrical Control Field, showcasing your expertise and proficiency.
- Previous electrical troubleshooting experience, allowing you to handle challenges with confidence.
- A four-year Engineering Degree (Electrical or Computer Engineering), indicating your commitment to ongoing learning and professional growth.
- Proficiency in CAD Software, particularly EPlan and AutoCAD, providing additional value to the role.
- Working knowledge of the German and/or Spanish language, facilitating effective communication with international partners.
- A dynamic work environment that combines physical labor and office work, ensuring a well-rounded experience.
- Opportunities for safe climbing and working in structures up to 150 ft, allowing you to showcase your agility and adaptability.
- Effective communication skills to convey information clearly and actively engage with team members and stakeholders.
- Visual acuity adequate for reading information from printed sources and computer screens, ensuring precise work execution.
- Flexibility with occasional weekend and evening work for commissioning trips, providing diverse experiences.
- Exposure to varying working environment temperatures ranging from -40 degrees F to +110 degrees F, highlighting your adaptability.
- A mix of stationary and active tasks, with the ability to position yourself by stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling in and around machinery during system commissioning.
- Occasional ascent and descent of fixed vertical ladders, up to 30' high, during system commissioning to access the SRM cabin.
- Eligibility for air travel and legal ability to rent and drive a rental vehicle, ensuring smooth travel logistics.
Join Our Team and Shape the Future of Automation! At Westfalia Technologies, we are passionate about innovation and strive to create cutting-edge automation solutions. As a Controls Engineer, you will be an integral part of our team, contributing to our success and shaping the future of automation. Apply now and embark on an exciting career journey with us.
For more information about Westfalia Technologies, visit our website at www.WestfaliaUSA.com.