PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: Perform laboratory tasks in support of development of immuno-oncology platform.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation and handling of primary specimens, including peripheral blood, ascites, other liquid biospecimens.
- Isolation of white blood cells by density gradient separation
- Sample preparation (murine or human tissues/cells) for Flow Cytometry and Immunostaining.
- Perform ex vivo and in vitro assays for immuno-oncology relevant endpoints (e.g. ELISA, cytotoxicity, cytokine profiling)
- Troubleshoot, optimize, and develop methods for unmet experimental needs
- Maintain laboratory records and notebook, organize and compile data, and write weekly reports on results
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Expertise in asceptic techniques for handling primary human cells and for Mammalian Cell Culture
- Proficiency with processing primary tissues and other samples samples for single cell analysis
- Proficiency in Immunostaining and Flow Cytometry.
- Proficiency with Molecular Biology Techniques including DNA/RNA isolation
- Proficiency with in vitro cell culture assays
- Proficiency in MS office suite, including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- Strong planning, organizational, computer, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for own work.
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures.
- Ability to assist with other tasks/duties as needed in a small company environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS and or MS degree required. Preferred field of study in cancer biology or immunology or related sciences.
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Experience in flow cytometry is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to sit and use hands to finger, handle and feel.
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility
- Some activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing.
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be frequent exposure to fumes and chemical hazards.
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.