Team leaders perform a variety of tasks at the nursery including supervising work. Team leaders act as the coordinator for work and information between management and employees.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Supervises, organizes and monitors the work of employees within assigned teams.
- Makes impartial decisions in regards to scheduling work to employees and teams. Consistently applies work rules to all employees. Notifies management of problems or potential issues in a timely manner.
- Trains new employees on company processes, locations and work standards.
- Accurately reports and records work activity. Assists with time-motion studies as needed. Assists with organizing workflow and work efficiency.
- Assists with monitoring plant quality by watching for unusual plant appearance, plant diseases or signs of stress, pests, or other potential problems with the crop. Notifies management of issues in a timely manner.
- Performs all work activities and promotes work crews to perform work in a safe and efficient manner. Brings potential hazards to the immediate attention of management or the safety committee. Follows all pesticide signage. Immediately reports accidents, injuries and near-misses to management. Enforces the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) when completing tasks (ear plugs/muffs, gloves, boots, safety glasses, etc.).
- Assist employees in performing work by answering questions and demonstrating techniques.
- Assists with keeping work areas and the overall appearance of the nursery clean and organized.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new tasks and take on individual responsibilities.
- Supervises labor contractors and other temporary employees.
- Demonstrates respectful communication and interactions with crews, other team leaders, and managers.