United Way is seeking an entrepreneurial, innovative, business-savvy leader to guide the continued growth of this valuable community resource and ensure excellence in service delivery. The PA 211 Southwest Director will engage with other leaders regionally, across the Commonwealth, and nationally to advance the mission and goals of 211, work internally to achieve organizational objectives, and manage a team of 30+ contact specialists and program staff. This position reports to United Ways Chief Program and Policy Officer.
211 is a mission critical initiative of United Way of Southwestern PA. It is led through our Community Impact Department and is integral in delivering upon the three pillars of our work: Building for Success in School and Life, Meeting Basic Needs, and Moving to Financial Stability.
- Ensure high quality service delivery and create a team environment that promotes continuous quality improvement.
- Develop strategic partnerships locally and across the Commonwealth and the United States to grow and sustain service.
- Pursue implementation of technological innovations that improve service delivery and create financial and operational efficiencies
- Create new funding streams via mission aligned partnerships and contracts that efficiently leverage core team competencies, such as COVID-19 response, social determinants of health, homeless prevention, and rental assistance programs.
- Work with 211 leaders across the Commonwealth and nationally to raise awareness of and regard for the 211 brand.
- Develop a healthy working environment and manage and oversee the professional development of the 211 team.
- Work closely with UWSWPAs Community Impact and other internal teams as a key organizational leader.
People Management Responsibilities
- Support and mentor a team of 30+ employees and temporary employees.
- Responsibly manage an annual budget of $2.7M