Grow your career! For more than 40 years, Fall Creek Farm & Nursery® has cultivated exceptional blueberry plants for customers all over the globe. We propagate, grow, sell, and ship millions of plants every single year. Our products are second to none, in part, because we have high standards, superb growing conditions, and most importantly, good people.
If this sounds like a company that you want to be a part of, we have an immediate opening for a Farm Manager/Horticulturalist at our US Research Farm.
The position is part of the Research and Development team and will be responsible for managing horticultural operations of the primary research farm and associated greenhouses including plant production, crop management, and fruit harvest. The Farm Manager supervises employees at the research farm and creates a collaborative and safe work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Leads horticultural management of the primary research farm and research greenhouses and supports management of secondary research plots.
- Works with farm managers, applied research leads and breeders globally to ensure optimal growth and development of germplasm in a safe, efficient manner.
- Leads fruit harvest at the primary research farm.
- Assists with planning and implementation of research trials.
- Assists with evaluation of plant and production characteristics of germplasm at the primary research farm.
- Routine nursery stock production and associated greenhouse management.
- Assists with developing the department budget.
- Ensures that staffing levels are adequate to meet farm production and research plans. Maintains collaborative relationships with other farm managers and contractors to ensure an adequate labor pool and coordination of utilization of equipment and facilities.
- Provides training, technical support and services to internal Fall Creek departments on new and/or improved production practices and developments in Fall Creek genetics.
- Coaches and develops employees across teams and departments globally.
- Keeps abreast of developments in emerging technologies and collaborates with the Breeding and Applied Research teams to adopt technologies that will improve the quality and efficiencies of the program.