Front Desk Agent–The Oxbow Hotel
The Oxbow Hotel and The Lakely Restaurant and Bar, a boutique property located in downtown Eau Claire, is seeking an experienced, dynamic, and passionate Front Desk Agent.
As the property reopens after a year of closure due to Covid-19, The Oxbow & The Lakely is looking to build our hospitality team. The Oxbow Front Desk Agent welcomes and registers hotel guests, explaining the accommodations and establishing method of payment. The ideal candidate will be excited to be a part of the team and to uphold the Oxbow standards and values.
We are looking for an individual that embodies and applies our organization’s core values and mission to both immediate and long-term business decisions and to daily operations.
A Front Desk Agent must be able to:
- Warmly greets all guests as they pass or approach the front desk
- Utilizes a variety of computer systems to check guests in and out, run daily reports and research needs as presented by guests
- Maintains a neat and tidy appearance in the lobby
- Maintains a balanced bank assigned by the hotel. Makes change and rings in merchandise though Aloha POS with accuracy. Reconciles all transactions at the close of each shift
- Handles all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; resolves customer complaints; assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, parking, etc. Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner. Interaction with guest will be in person, via email and by phone
- Conduct daily business with integrity and empathy
- Work a flexible schedule that will include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
In addition, qualified candidates must have:
- Must possess thoroughness and time management skills
- Attentiveness and patience for guests
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve
- Demonstrated ability in working within a diverse team
The Oxbow and The Lakely is a hotel, restaurant, craft bar and venue located in the heart of Downtown Eau Claire. The business is focused on delivering guests with a comfortable and exciting experience filled with local Midwest touches. As a farm to fork restaurant, The Lakely offers a seasonally rotating menu that boasts ingredients sourced from local farmers. Beyond craft culinary cuisine, the restaurant also prides itself on its craft cocktail program, with a menu comprised of signature and original liquid favorites. The hotel frequently showcases local talent and features many local art displays and partners with local vendors. In addition to operating as a boutique destination hotel and restaurant, The Oxbow also operates as a private event space for meetings and weddings in addition to functioning as a part time music venue. Our passion for our community is what really drives daily business operations. As we reopen after a year of closure, we’re excited to bring in driven and hardworking team members that share the passion we have for our community.
The Oxbow Hotel and The Lakely are managed by Pablo Group.
Founded in 2013, Pablo Group is focused on creating community-based opportunities. Their impact in the Chippewa Valley spans over the management of commercial and residential real estate, urban living initiatives, support for entrepreneurship, and creation of cultural experiences through music, food, art, and lodging.
At the Pablo Group, our core mission is to create opportunities and experiences for our community. We take pride in putting our people first, and in cultivating an environment that promotes balance for all of our staff. We realize some community challenges are not solved by standard market forces; in philosophy and philanthropy, the Pablo Group makes every effort to lead the charge in filling the gaps needed to make a difference.
Pablo Group Company Mission
Create greater opportunity throughout our community.
- Believe in our Communities. We think Eau Claire is an excellent place to live and do business, we want to add to the overall success of our community! Pablo is about investing back into the community and creating businesses that can sustain themselves.
- Love People and Planet more than Profits. We will take care of our employees so that they can be part of our community in a healthy way.
- Fight for Equality & Equity. Equality and equity are not just buzzwords to us. Our goal is to provide opportunities for all and create a diverse environment where everyone is included.
Pablo Management is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all eligible employees. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k with company match, life insurance, disability pay, a wellness program that offers discounted classes and company sponsored events, paid time off, paid holidays as well as flexible spending and health savings account options.
Rate of Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pablo Management celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.