Job Description: Classroom Teacher
Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are a free, open enrollment, public charter school currently serving students in grades Pre-K-12. Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are part of the Guadalupe Educational System, Inc. (GES) under Guadalupe Centers, Inc. It is sponsored by the University of Central Missouri. The vision of GES is to empower students to succeed in college and their chosen professions by providing a rigorous and enriching learning experience that develops highly educated, socially conscious, culturally competent, contributing members of society.
Summary: A Classroom Teacher must be goal-oriented, hardworking and enthusiastic about fostering children in their academic and social growth. The ideal candidate has a passion for working with children from diverse backgrounds in an urban setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Create a safe and positive classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Implement instructional activities that contribute to a positive climate where students are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Implement ESL strategies and scaffolding for student understanding (Listening & Reading), student interaction, and student production (Speaking & Writing) across all WIDA levels to increase the achievement of English Language Learners (ELLs) across all content area standards.
- Identify instructional resources and strategies to address the needs of individual students with varying backgrounds, learning styles and special needs.
- Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures for the purpose of documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
- Collaborate with colleagues to enhance the implementation of established curriculum.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, colleagues and community members.
- Serve as a positive role model for the purpose of demonstrating professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, colleagues and community members.
- Assess student progress towards objectives, expectations and/or standards for the purpose of determining gains in student performance and providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Participate in professional growth opportunities.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits and other related duties for the purpose of ensuring an effective work environment. Attend all meetings with parents and give input concerning the creation of an Individual Education Plan or a 504 Plan
- Ensure implementation of all modifications and accommodations for students with Special Needs (IEP/504)
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement of professional practice, cultural competence, and ability to meet the specific instructional needs of culturally and linguistically diverse students.
- Manage student behavior with the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Respond to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor for the purpose of serving students and staff needs.
Application Process: PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION WHICH MAY BE FOUND AT WWW.GUADALUPECENTERS.ORG UNDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES. IF A POSITION REQUIRES A DEGREE, PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS/AND OR/ DEGREE CERTIFICATE TO YOUR APPLICATION. OTHER ATTACHMENTS SUCH AS COVER LETTER OR RESUME CAN ALSO BE UPLOADED AND ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION.
GUADALUPE CENTERS, INC. conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.