Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic bilingual HR Generalist to join the National Human Resources (HR) team to strategically lead, and fully execute, key local-level HR initiatives that support the Gotham Greens mission. This person will be a foundational team member, contributing to the vision for the Chicago region.
What You'll Do
- Work onsite at our Chicago greenhouse, managing the employee lifecycle in the region: recruiting, onboarding, training, performance management, employee relations, offboarding.
- Advise leaders and frontline employees regarding company policies, values, and performance expectations.
- Ensure compliance with all state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Partner with site level leadership to ensure HR practices support business objectives.
- Integral member of the National HR team, contributing to local and company-wide initiatives.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Who You Are
- Spanish fluency required.
- 7+ years of Human Resources generalist and talent acquisition experience, preferably with exempt and non-exempt employee populations.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal employment laws.
- Consultative style and approach with the ability to develop credible relationships with local leadership.
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters, utilizing sound judgement in a complex environment.
- Experience working effectively with multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is an indoor farming company and a fresh food brand on a mission to transform the way we approach our food system, putting people and the planet at the forefront. Gotham Greens produces and delivers long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, dips, and cooking sauces all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
A Certified B Corporation™, Gotham Greens sustainably grows high-quality produce using up to 95% less water and 97% less land than conventional farming through its national network of climate-controlled, high-tech greenhouses across America, including locations in New York, Illinois, Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, Colorado, and California.
Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America. For more information, visit gothamgreens.com.