Apply de-icing materials to properties in a safe and efficient manner while exceeding customer expectations in quality and service.
Valid Class D license with a clean driving record, CDL a plus. Minimum of 1 year of experience in Snow Salting Operations.
The Salt Truck Operator is responsible for salt applications across the client portfolio. Candidate should be very organized and excel at time management. Candidate should be a strong advocate of proper snow SOPs.
Typical job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to drive a salt truck and operate salter
- Ability to operate skid loader effectively to load salt
- Ability to work in cold conditions
- Ability to work long shifts- willing to drive for long periods of time and during overnight hours
- Ensure safety standards are being followed
- Work with crews to help understand desired qulaity and hour outcomes
- Must be able to take direction and be flexible
- Completes all required paperwork daily
- Follows all policies and procedures that pertain to job requirements
- Be able to operate a mobile device and accurately track salt quantities
- Be able to consistently communicate in an efficient and effective manner on the telephone or in person.
- Other required/incidental activities
High school diploma preferred. Experience is equally important to position success.
Prior experience is preferred but not essential. The ideal candidate will have a clean driving record, be able to pass a background check, and be physically fit enough to meet the demands of the functions listed above.