Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic, tech-savvy, and hard-working Senior Systems Administrator to join our IT and Digital Service team. This role will oversee daily monitoring, operations, and management of our core systems and network. You will serve as the primary point of contact for systems implementation, upgrades, maintenance, and support. With the rest of the IT team, you will work to improve technological literacy across the organization by providing training and writing end-user documentation. This role reports to the Head of IT.
As Gotham Greens continues to scale the Senior Systems Administrator will serve as the coordinator with the outsourced resource for L1 and L2 support and development. Furthermore, you are the main party responsible for the continuous operation of the Gotham Greens system as well as the Data Center. Lastly, you will work cross-functionally with other departments and team members on project-based operations and engagements.
What You'll Do
- Administer and monitor our cloud (Azure) and on-premises systems and network infrastructure.
- Manage our Azure AD, Office 365, and SharePoint Online environments.
- Utilize Azure AD as the company's primary identity provider by configuring Single Sign On for SaaS and on-premises applications.
- Create and maintain Microsoft 365 groups, security groups for application access, and distribution lists.
- Configure Sharepoint sites and manage associated permissions.
- Coordinate integration and adoption of new systems and products from start to finish. This includes evaluating our needs, researching options, meeting with vendors, implementation and planning, deployment, testing, and end-user training (where applicable).
- Plan network implementation and expansion as we open new locations nationally
- Maintain relationships with outside parties including vendors, consultants, and contractors.
- Manage our relationship with an MSP providing Tier 1 help desk support and serve as Tier 2 and 3 technical support when needed.
- Oversee and test our business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Document application configuration, network, and systems architecture
Who You Are
- Experience with Windows Server Administration
- Experience with Office 365, AzureAD, and Intune or equivalent knowledge of user account administration, identity and access management, and endpoint management using other technologies.
- SAML and SSO configuration experience
- Knowledge of PowerShell (or another scripting language) with the ability to automate common tasks.
- Basic understanding of networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP), familiarity with network troubleshooting tools (ping, tracert, ipconfig, nslookup, netstat), and
- Understanding of the role of network devices and interfaces (client, server, NIC, switch, router, access point, etc.).
- Familiarity with information security best practices
- Ability to troubleshoot network, software, and hardware issues.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to convey technical content to a non-technical audience.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the willingness to work independently.
- Experience with an IT ticketing system.
- ITSM knowledge.
- ITIL Foundations Certified preferred.
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and pesto dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of nearly 400 is hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.