Summary of Position: The landscape crew member is responsible for the safety of themselves and those around them. They follow direction from the supervisor, install landscape materials, and other items as directed. The landscape crew member should assist in the effectiveness of the crew.
Goal: The Landscape Crew Member’s goal is to safely install landscapes as directed by the supervisor, while gaining an understanding of Southview Design’s culture and processes.
- Follow instructions from supervisors
- Assist in installing quality landscapes
- Gain knowledge in common horticulture practices and installations
- Gain knowledge in common hardscape practices and installations
- Gain knowledge and the ability to read plans labeled with scaled measurements and elevations
- Assist in performing work in an efficient manner
- Assist loading and preparing in the evening for the next day
- Assist in keeping the work site clean and organized
- Maintain a clean and professional work site
- Adapt to various working situations
- Perform additional required and incidental activities
Key Performance Metrics:
|Receive Zero Safety Violations
|Arrives at Work on Time
|Be Available For Work
|Landscape Season Hours
Average 55 Hours/Week April-November
|Exemplify Core Values
Guide Decisions Through Core Values
Daily Demands: Should be a strong advocate of proper horticultural care,
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma, College Degree or Certificate in Horticulture, landscaping or related field is preferred but not necessary. Landscape experience is preferred, but not necessary.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift/carry materials up to 50lbs on a regular and consistent basis, move about the work site. Exposed to exterior elements (i.e. pollen, chemicals, cold and heat etc.). Requires extended periods of activity including, walking, standing, kneeling, bending and lifting, up to 100% of a workday.