- Bachelor's degree in the behavioral sciences and two (2) years experience in counseling preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience. CAC/SCCD/ Masters in related field preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of counseling and the legal system.
- Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate information pertinent to the care of clients.
- Knowledge of the physical, psychological, social, and economic effects of substance abuse, homelessness, medical and mental health issues.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Considerable knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations regarding client confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative professional relationships.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to project a professional image that serves as a role model to our clients.
- Incumbents may be required to secure professional certification and/or license.
- A valid Connecticut driver's license may be required.
Benefits (Full-Time Employees):
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Healthcare or Dependent Care accounts or Health Savings Account
- Generous employer contribution provided for annual healthcare expenses
- Basic Life insurance at no cost to employee
- Generous Paid Time Off as well as 14 Holidays and Birthday off
- Retirement plan- 403b with discretionary employer contribution
- Tuition, License and Certification Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional voluntary insurance for short-term and long-term disability
Recovery Network of Programs, Inc.
2 Trap Falls Rd. Suite 405, Shelton, CT 06484
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.