Installation Technicians are responsible for carrying out the functions of the operations department as assigned by the Operations Manager, Project Manager, or Site Lead. Primary responsibilities include wire pull, termination, rack build, rack wiring, equipment mounting, and shop maintenance. This person reports to the Project Manger and or Site Lead.
Successful candidates will be agreeable, unselfish, sincere, quick, driving, precise, and thorough.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand the overall expectations and timeline of the project
- Read and interpret CSI and Architectural engineering drawings
- Learn and apply CSI installation standards
- Pull wire for projects
- Terminate wire to plates, panels and racks
- Lace, terminate and label rack wiring in equipment racks
- Mounting and rigging of AV equipment including displays, screens, projectors, speakers, cameras, racks, etc. and/or mounting and rigging of lighting equipment including fixtures, network devices, etc.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, test, and correct your own work
- Maintain clean working areas
- Be cognizant of the job site surroundings and immediately report any safety hazards to the Site Lead, Foreman, or Project Manager
- Company tool and equipment maintenance, including controlling an safekeeping of all tools, in the shop and on the job site
- Company Vehicle upkeep and cleanliness
- Shop upkeep and cleanliness
- Other duties as assigned