To provide a warm nurturing, safe, and loving environment where self concepts are enhanced, independence encouraged and individuality respected. Maintain a kitchen that is safe, clean and free of germs. Provide nutritious and appealing meals and snacks for children of various age groups. Complete paperwork as required by the USDA for the CACFP.
- Estimate needs, order, receive; and store food and supplies.
- Cook; trim; portion, carve, bake-etc. Portion meats, vegetables, salads, breads, deserts, etc.
- Prepare foods by performing any combination of the following tasks:
- Wash, peel, etc. vegetables
- Prepare poultry and meats
- Stir and strain soups and vegetables
- Weigh and measure foods
- Carry pots, pans, etc.
- Store food
- Clean utensils, dishes and area
- Distribute food
- Assist in serving food as necessary.
- Record quantities, types and preparation methods of food service.
- Wash dishes and silverware by hand.
- May work at any location and adjust your schedule as to the needs of the association.
- Will adhere to association and position training requirements.