The part-time Human Resources Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department and is the primary representative for employees. This position is responsible for administering or leading recruitment efforts, employee onboarding, benefit administration, leaves, general administrative tasks, oversite of the human resource information system, as well as enforcement of company policies and practices.. You will work closely with the Human Resources Consultant to conduct these responsibilities.
The Industrial Fabrics Association is a small, not-for-profit trade association based in Roseville MN. IFAI has under 50 employees, most who are working remotely, across 10+ states. This position offers part-time work with flexible scheduling, but in a serious HR capacity. Our HR department is fully remote although there will be times in-person meetings are necessary. The Human Resource Generalist is currently expected to work 20 hours per week, but there may be a need for increased hours during certain times of the year.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Coordinates new hire orientation scheduling, working alongside managers to fulfill the unique needs of each department. Also performs HR training sessions with all new hires.
- Responsible for proper administration of employee paperwork and files through our electronic filing system, Sharepoint, and HRIS system, and verifying that employment changes are finalized and properly documented according to procedures.
- Plays a key role in managing the Human Resource Information System in Paycom, alongside the HR Consultant and Payroll staff, ensuring accuracy and integrity of data, ensures updates and new features are implemented, responds to employees’ concerns, and provides training as needed to employees and managers.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Assists with annual open enrollment activities to communicate benefit offerings, coordinate enrollment activities with staff, and ensure accuracy of all documents provided to staff as well as accuracy of each employee’s enrollment selections.
- Participants in or resolves employee relations issues to include conflict resolution, harassment investigations, wage complaints, employee disputes, attendance issues and general questions.
- Responsible for staying up-to-date with all IFAI policies and the handbook, referencing appropriate policies when handling issues, and explaining and communicating updates to staff as needed. May also contribute to the updating current or creation of new policies.
- Responsible for parts of payroll administration including interpreting company rules and making judgement calls on payroll/HR policies, handling employee issues and enforcing policies, reviewing checks, answering employee questions. Must have working knowledge of the payroll process and applicable laws. Is the 2nd backup for payroll processing.
- Leads employee committees or groups, as requested, to monitor and report on their progress
- Communicates and administers the process for leaves, ADA, workers compensation, and other related programs.
- Participates in administering IFAI’s goals and performance review process
- Keeps tabs on the culture and morale by connecting with employees and managers.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Conducts audits of various payroll, benefits, or other HR programs as requested or necessary
- Represents the culture and spirit of IFAI and HR department while maintaining complete confidentiality in all things
- Prepares HR reports as requested
- Performs other duties as necessary