The primary role of the Senior Data Analyst on the Data Analytics team is to maintain and improve existing purchase and sales price algorithms. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of inventory management and purchasing optimization in a market with scarce goods. They will also have a desire and willingness to learn new skills and the ability to continuingly adapt to changing business needs. This is an exempt, non-supervisory role reporting directly to the Director of Business Analytics.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Leveraging historical data and industry knowledge to improve purchasing algorithms that maximize margin.
- Outcomes analysis to identify areas for improvement, experimentation to identify solutions, and coding changes to improve our models.
- Enhancing and maintaining purchase price models to maximize margin in a market with scarce goods and MAP pricing.
- Enhancing and maintaining eCommerce pricing models to enable revenue and margin targets across multiple channels.
- Maintaining and writing complex SQL queries to leverage internal data
- Maintaining and writing complex purchasing algorithms in Python
- Collaborating with teammates to develop presentations, analyze data, and research findings
- Presenting findings and pitching strategies to business leaders
- Working closely with business leaders to gain a thorough understanding of business strategies and needs
- Complying with all company personnel policies and practices as well as all federal, state, and local standards/requirements
- Other duties as assigned