The position will prepare decedent for services and/or interment. The major objectives are to provide the highest quality services to satisfy the needs of any client family, and the preservation of public and employee health. Geographic boundaries for this position may encompass more than one firm or location in a given area of multiple company operations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities (May overlap with Funeral Director responsibilities)
1. Demonstrate Core Values of Excellence, Trust, Care and Growth in performing all aspects of position.
2. Maintain a positive work environment by behaving and communicating in a manner so that you get along with families, co-workers and management.
3. Remain up-to-date on Paycom reading as assigned.
4. Wear and use the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times during the performance of the job duties that require such equipment.
5. Comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as outlined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Newcomer Funeral Service Group Policies and Procedures.
6. Perform embalming of decedent and cosmetology according to industry standards and practices, technical, safety and sanitary requirements, and home office direction.
7. Dress and position decedent in casket or alternative container and deliver to visitation area if requested by client family.
8. According to company standards, maintain record of embalming of all deceased persons for future reference and medical and legal purposes.
9. Maintain all embalming instrumentation and equipment as specified by manufacturer’s instruction.
10. Maintain clean preparation area and equipment and comply with all governing rules and regulations regarding sanitation and hazardous waste.
11. Treat decedent with respect and decorum
12. Ability to assist as needed with the direction of funeral service, if licensed as a funeral director.
13. Where applicable, be certified to operate crematory retort and follow standard procedures and record keeping.
14. Light housekeeping to keep the facilities and grounds in perfect order. This includes keeping work areas tidy, picking up litter on the grounds and general straightening up.
The above duties are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities for this position, nor are they intended to be a listing of prerequisite skills and abilities. The purpose is to describe the general nature of the position.