MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High School Diploma Required (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- 1 year experience in an office environment (sales preferred)
- Ability to compile and maintain data and files
- Strong interpersonal skills (particularly oral) and phone skills
- Ability to make formal presentations in a public forum
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work unsupervised
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES - The Admissions Counselor must possess specific areas of knowledge, skill, and ability to be able to explain and/or demonstrate he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities. Furthermore, he/she must conduct such activities in light of the mission and purpose of Chowan University.
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS - Performance evaluations are based on the incumbent’s ability to perform, in a timely, accurate, and otherwise positive manner, the essential and marginal functions of this job description. Proper discharge of duties will be measured in part by the number of mistakes made, the ability to work with other employees, and a demonstrated commitment to fulfilling the mission, purpose, and goals of Chowan University.