Gotham Greens is seeking a passionate, driven, and hardworking Assistant Grower to support the Growing Team in managing all aspects of crop production at the greenhouse to achieve best-in-class yields and quality. This role reports to the Head Grower.
Gotham Greens is creating new ways to farm, produce local food, revitalize communities and innovate for a sustainable future. We are reimagining how and where fresh food is grown and are looking for an Assistant Grower to join us in doing what we do best - grow fresh produce in sustainable, high-tech greenhouses. The ideal candidate plays an important, cross-functional role in the company working with the Growing team, Operations team, and other company departments. The primary responsibilities of the Assistant Grower are the crop schedules, plant nutrition, and inventory management in addition to working with the grower on yield, quality, and other projects as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Yield & Quality
- Walk crop daily to monitor for any issues
- Support data collection as needed by Grower
- Crop Scheduling
- Oversee master crop schedule file
- Communicate between growing, operations, sales, and distribution on schedule
- Plant Nutrition
- Oversee lab analysis
- Create nutrient recipes – based on lab results, targets, and crop needs
- Manage all horticultural inventory planning and ordering
- Food Safety
- This role will serve as a food safety representative for the growing team
- Participate in all internal audits and record-keeping
- This position supports holiday and 7-day coverage with the rest of the Growing team
- This position supports additional greenhouse related operations tasks as needed
WHO YOU ARE
- College graduate or equivalent trade school credentials
- 2 years prior greenhouse experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Chemistry background
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to thrive at work under minimal supervision/direction
- Available to work weekends and work flexible hours if required
The ideal candidate:
- Graduate degree in horticulture or related field
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation to principles of sustainable agriculture and food
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and pesto dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of nearly 400 is hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.