We value an equitable and inclusive workplace and seek candidates with diverse backgrounds and abilities
Why work at Rocky Mountain Human Services?
You will have the opportunity to contribute to an organization that is dedicated to embracing the power of community to support individuals and families in creating their future.
RMHS provides great benefits such as:
- Employer paid medical options, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off such as vacation, sick, personal, and holidays
- Life and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement (full-time employees only)
- Mileage reimbursement
- 403(B) with company match
- Employee assistance program
Under general supervision, this position performs a variety of systems and support tasks, this role performs a variety of computer systems and support tasks, including analyzing, constructing, documenting, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting of PC hardware, software applications, peripherals, and communication devices. Additionally, this position assists in managing the ticketing system and the workflow of the ticketing agents. The Technical Specialist will communicate status updates for help desk work orders to both the requestor and to the IT & Facilities staff. This position is responsible for analyzing new or existing processes and policies for the help desk system and support team.
- Help manage the helpdesk/ticket system function and support company operations as directed by the Technical Support Supervisor. Ensure uninterrupted coverage of the helpdesk/ticket system during business hours.
- Assist the Systems Administrator and Information Security Manager in maintenance functions including but not limited to troubleshooting/maintaining system/network/server/database connectivity and functionality, add/change/delete users and licensing, backup/restore functionality, etc.; act as backup to these roles during absences.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of documentation for all internal and external-facing FAQ’s and processes and procedures as relate to the position and helpdesk functionality.
- Provide tier 1-2 support services to users for incidents and service requests coming into the ticket system and assist with tier 3 support as needed.
- Coordinate equipment and software repairs, orders, replacements, etc. with vendors as needed.
- Help maintain accurate inventories and assist in ordering equipment as directed; prepare and deploy equipment for new staff as well as upgrades for existing staff. Work with HR to manage the equipment inventory and roll-out to provide a continuous just-in-time availability of equipment for existing staff/positions as well as new and developing ones.
- Assist in monitoring all incident and problem work to ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
- Assist in evaluating new technology/processes in relation to lowering costs or improving services.
- Assist in managing and enforcing Service Level Agreements and Professional Services Agreements for outsourced services.
- Keep current on trends and innovations in technology.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Service (Help) Desk Operations
- Windows desktop build and support.
- Ability to quickly learn and follow new processes.
- IT Service Management (ITSM) and IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Windows-based workstations and related peripherals
- Wireless devices including tablets and cell/smart phones
- Application software support including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Acrobat, and Visio
- Ability to work positively and constructively with users in a highly technical and demanding environment
- Ability to maintain a cooperative working relationship with the public, users, vendors, and managers
- Ability to work with some independence and initiative
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Actively communicate with stakeholders.
- Ability to meet/work with staff, stakeholders or clients in a variety of settings.
- Attends staff, team and department meetings.
- Attends in-services, staffing and other meetings with supervisor’s approval. May be appointed to committees.
- Participates in agency and community planning and education.
- Develops and maintains records, plans and reports.
- Lift and/or carry 20 lbs.
- Sit, stand and walk for reasonable periods of time.
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Ability to drive personal or company vehicle