American Academy has an opening for a full-time Speech and Language Pathologist for the 2021-22 academic year. The Speech and Language Pathologist will consult with special and regular education teams to provide special education services for both mild to moderate needs students in a K-8 setting.
- Provide speech language services, therapy and assistive technology to students with mild to moderate disabilities to support student achievement
- Develop and implement Individual Education Plans
- Complete eligibility educational assessments
- Collaborate with psychologist, social worker, nurse, occupational therapist, and learning specialist
- Communicate with teachers and parents regarding student performance
- Provide direct instruction to students
- Evaluate progress toward student academic and personal goals
- Attend meetings such as IEP meetings, staff meetings, in-services, etc.
- Help facilitate RtI process.
- Collaborate and share expertise of targeted interventions
- CDE Professional Special Services License with endorsements in Speech/Language
- Previous experience educating students with speech and language disabilities
- Vision for developing a high functioning special education team with learning specialist, psychologist, social worker, nurse, and/or occupational therapist
- Ability to differentiate lessons in all content areas
- Report out and disaggregate student data and progress
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with staff, students and parents
- Strong classroom management skills