Norris McLaughlin, P.A., has an opening for a senior-level tax attorney. This role will be part of the firm’s active corporate practice and be part of our team providing a full range of guidance in connection with corporate transactions, including the formation of start-up companies, taxable and tax-free mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations, cross-border transactions, research and development joint ventures, technology transfers, and leveraged buyouts.
The position provides the opportunity to be an integral part of our Business Law Group and Cross-Border Business Group.
- Advise clients on tax planning initiatives and transactions involving federal and state tax law; mergers and acquisitions; capital investments; corporate, limited liability company, and partnership structuring, domestically and internationally.
- Draft corporate, partnership and LLC operating and buy-sell agreements.
- Handle corporate, partnership, LLC, and/or individual income tax matters.
- Assist in the formation and organization of business entities, including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and joint ventures.
- LL.M in taxation
- CPA optional but encouraged
- Superior academic credentials
- Excellent researching writing and communication skills
- Ability to understand clients’ objectives, analyze suitable and strategic options and provide creative solutions
- Must be bar admitted in the state of New Jersey and/or New York
If working in a high quality of life firm sounds appealing, give this opportunity serious consideration.
You must fill out and complete the online application to be considered for this position. Please remember to attach your cover letter and resume to your online application.
NM provides employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications, and abilities in a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicated federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.