Here at the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau, we are excited about the return of travel and look forward to welcoming visitors from around the world back to our amazing city. The resilient, diverse, and welcoming nature of our city is what drives us forward, and its our talented staff that enables the PHLCVB to continually raise the bar.
We are currently searching for a Creative Copywriter to join our team.
The Creative Copywriter serves as the lead writer for the Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau (PHLCVB), writing and developing copy for all PHLCVB-owned domestic and international communication channels. Working closely with, and reporting to, the Director of Content, this role is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the content team, executing and advancing the annual content plan, which combined with the public relations and social media plan, forms the PHLCVB organizational communications plan. The overall content and communications strategy for the PHLCVB promotes Philadelphia as a premier destination for meetings and conventions (B2B) as well as for convention attendees and overseas visitors (B2C). The Creative Copywriter is responsible for developing written content to be used for both B2B and B2C communications strategies and is adept at fine tuning messaging per key audience across all PHLCVB-owned channels. This role maintains an organizational style guide, ensuring consistency across PHLCVB messaging, tone, and voice. The Creative Copywriter oversees the Content Coordinator and works closely with the Social Media Specialist. The Creative Copywriter is a writing intensive position, focusing on copywriting for all areas of the PHLCVB and works in close partnership with all internal PHLCVB departments as well as many external partners that include but are not limited to the Pennsylvania Convention Center, PHLCVB overseas representation offices, hotels, venues, attractions, museums, restaurants and more.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Writing, Editing and Content Development:
- Writes, edits, publishes, and maintains articles, and copy across all PHLCVB owned communication channels, including DiscoverPHL.com, all social media platforms, and publications like the Official Visitors Guide and Destination Planning Guide.
- Serves as a liaison to the PHLCVB international representation offices on content and copy needs.
- Maintains evergreen stories and develops new storylines for promoting and positioning Philadelphia among target audiences.
- Executes an organizational content calendar and develops relevant written content to be shared with key messaging partners via a central content sharing system.
- Manages, updates, and enforces organizational writing style guide in partnership with the PHLCVB Communications Manager.
- Produces strategic written content to support the three business development divisions: PHL Life Sciences, PHL Sports, and PHL Diversity.
- Supervises the Content Coordinator and serves as support to the Social Media Specialist.
- Works with internal and external partners to position Philadelphia as a top destination and inspire travel.
- Manages a network of freelance writers to assign and complete writing projects.
- Assists in the creation of PHLCVB newsletters and external digital communications for key audiences like PHLCVB partners, stakeholders, media, travel trade, etc.
- Attends and covers local events including but not limited to exhibit previews, sporting events, conferences, trade shows and press conferences.
- Works closely with meeting and convention customers to assist with content needs.
- Follows content and tourism industry trends, looking for opportunities to create and use new media/products to reach PHLCVB target audiences.
- Sources, creates, and organizes content for PHLCVB channels and photo library, to be used across PHLCVB social media platforms and website, including original photography, short video, and graphics.
- Assists in building itineraries for visiting FAM tours and, along with other members of the PHLCVB team, provides on-the-ground hosting support.