Piping Helpers perform a variety of tasks that require little skill and can be learned quickly. Duties will include but, are not limited to, supplying, holding, and using materials, operation of basic hand/power tools, and cleaning work area/equipment. Works under direct supervision where primary functions do not typically require exercising independent judgement. Must have the ability to read, understand, and interpret instructions and documentation. The level and degree of job responsibilities and requirements may vary depending on experience.
Work is performed indoors in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. This is a temp to hire position. You will be screened and if qualified after the interview, hired through a temp agency.
- Follows pre-established instructions and guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Assist Pipe Fitters in the layout, assembly, and installation of piping systems.
- Cut, prep, and clean piping materials and equipment for installation.
- Loads, transports and unloads materials, tools, equipment, and supplies
- Assist Pipe Fitters by carrying tools and moving materials to work areas
- Cut or drill holes in walls or floors to accommodate the passage of pipes.
- Disassemble, remove, and discards of damaged or worn pipes.
- Assist in fitting valves, pumps, tanks, and compressor assemblies using hand and powered tools.
- Thread metal and plastic pipe using threading machine.
- Mount brackets and pipe hangers on walls and ceilings to hold pipe.
- May assist in lifting, positioning, and securing of material and work pieces during installation.
- Assembles and assists Pipe Fitters with a variety of metal and nonmetal pipe fitting systems both mechanical and non-mechanical, using threaded, soldered, brazed, fused, flanged, and cemented joints
- Performs minor maintenance and cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all company and safety policies and rules
- Perform other duties as required.