The Chief Program and Policy Officer (CPPO), reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, has overall strategic and operational responsibility for ensuring an integrated approach to United Way of Southwestern PAs regional community impact efforts. The CPPO leads efforts to advance United Ways strategic goals, which include meeting basic needs, moving individuals and families to greater financial stability and building success in school and life. The CPPO mobilizes community leadership and partnerships to address policy and systems change. This leader is a key part of the senior leadership team and works collaboratively to drive the overall strategy for the organization. The CPPO oversees the development and application of approaches for advancing collective action, including: convening partners, building coalitions, forging common agendas, facilitating public policy efforts, organizing community awareness campaigns, initiating and implementing grant making strategies, leveraging resources, and integrating strategies to reduce racial, gender, and ability inequities throughout the Community Impact portfolio. The CPPO coordinates activities for seeking and securing foundation, government, and related funding to support United Ways work, with a strong emphasis on PA 2-1-1 Southwest. The work of the organization changes as we continuously seek to have greater impact. The CPPO must be flexible and able to adapt to short- and long-term shifts in job duties.
- Develop strong cross-sector partnerships across United Way of Southwestern PAs regional footprint, in collaboration with regional internal leadership, to effectively and creatively address ever-changing critical human service issues and advocate for systems and legislative solutions;
- Cultivate and grow relationships with public agency, nonprofit, foundation, and corporate leaders to advance Community Impact priorities
- Recruit and lead volunteer groups and committees to achieve goals.
- Creatively solve human service problems that effectively and efficiently improve peoples lives, focusing on entrepreneurial approaches across sectors and leveraging funding to do so.
- Maximize and coordinate all community impact efforts to strategically advance United Ways mission, vision and impact framework;
- Continue to grow PA 2-1-1 Southwest as a valued and sustainable community asset;
- Attract, develop, coach, and retain a high-performance Community Impact Team ensuring a positive, collaborative environment committed to continuous improvement;
- Ensure that community impact programs and investment strategies achieve their goals with appropriate evaluation mechanisms; and
- Develop and regularly update a cohesive UWSWPA policy agenda that engages and coordinates among our stakeholderscorporate, foundation and public sector leaders;
- Manage cycles of long-term planning for community impact strategy.
People Management Responsibilities
- 4 direct reports at Director level
- 25 indirect reports
- Responsible for multi-million departmental budgets and contracts and oversight of process to award roughly $11 million annually to agency partners. Exemplary stewardship of all contributed funds deployed to address community needs.