Education: Master’s degree in Social Work, Public Administration, Human Services, or the equivalent: LMSW preferred. Professional certification(s) in CASAC, CRC, Acupuncture Detox Specialist strongly desired, as appropriate
Experience: 3-5 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in a social services agency required. Experience working with homeless adults and families. Experience supervising social services/human services staff in shelter/mental health/transitional or permanent supportive housing. Experience working with Department of Homeless Services (DHS)
Related Skills or Knowledge: Excellent management, problem solving, organizational, and counseling skills required. Ability to analyze and evaluate information and develop recommendations. Demonstrated success in planning and implementing program activities within budgetary and time constraints. Employee must possess exceptional written and oral English communications skills; proficiency in written and oral Spanish is preferred. Must be familiar with the DHS/HRA, CARES system. Computer skills are necessary, including familiarity with MSWord and Excel. Must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Adhere to BPHN’s mission and vision statements, as well as all policies and procedures.
- Serve as a role model within and outside of the organization.
- Perform duties as workload necessitates.
- Attendance and dependability: can be depended upon to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Must also be able to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communications and contacts: able to effectively communicate orally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, clients, and others inside and outside of BPHN.
- Exhibits a professional manner and approach in dealing with others and consistently seeks to maintain constructive working relationships.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, use hands or fingers, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, kneel, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to travel locally using public transportation.
JOB DESCRIPTION REVIEW
I have read and understand this job description and its requirements, and I understand that I am expected to complete all duties as assigned. I understand that the job functions may be changed from time to time, with or without prior notice. I will be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation. I understand that it is my responsibility to inform my supervisor at any time that I’m unable to perform these functions. I understand that I will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions and assignments.