Via Seating is hiring for an Experienced Industrial Sewing Associate to join our team in Sparks, NV!!
Our industrial sewing associates operate and tend sewing machines in order to perform sewing operations on upholstery for office chairs. This includes joining, reinforcing and decorating upholstery in order to craft our various models of chairs. Our industrial sewing associates mount attachments such as needles and pattern blades as well as adjust the sewing machines according to the specifications provided to them for the project at hand. Our industrial sewing machine operators also adjust machine controls and regulate stitching speeds for every project that they work on.
Position works Day Shift from 5:00am - 3:30pm Monday - Thursday.
Pay from $19.00/hour - $23.00/hour, DOE!
At Via Seating, we are builders, kitters, sewers, developers and engineers – inspired by the chair. We believe great things should happen in that chair. In America, the average person is sitting a total of 13 hours a day. That’s 4,745 hours a year. That’s a lot of hours. A lot of hours that should be filled by great things. Great things needing a great chair. With this in mind, our teams research, brainstorm and develop. We build, test and improve. Together, we drive our thoughts, our creativity and our hearts into making a quality, lasting, durable and captivating, great chair. In fact, we’re so invested in it, we’ve been doing it for over thirty years. It’s no wonder our passion for seating is so contagious.
Via offers a very generous benefits package including:
- Comprehensive Package effective 1st of the month following hire date including
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits – Via pays premiums completely for the employee and provides a generous stipend helping to cover cost of spouse and/or dependents.
- Short-Term Disability paid for all employees Via
- Voluntary Life/ADD
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and/or Dependent Care
- Voluntary Identity and Legal Protections
- 10 Paid Holidays per year starting immediately upon hire
- 15 Days of Paid Time Off annually after 90 days; increases after every five year increment
- Sign On Bonus of up to $1,000 for new hires (eligibility requirements applicable)
- Referral Bonuses of up to $1,000 per hired employee (eligibility requirements applicable)
- 401K Participation with up to a 4% company match after 90 days
- Prescription Safety Glasses Paid for by Via After 90 days
- Quarterly Bonuses based on Team Goals
- Anniversary Bonuses
- Bi-Annual Company Celebrations
- Contests and Cash Giveaways throughout the year
- Safety Bingo with prizes ranging from $50 - $300
Discover our love for great seating. Join us in making great things happen in a chair!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled. Via Seating is a drug and alcohol free workplace. Veterans are strongly encourage to apply.