The Merchandise Planner is accountable for maximizing sales, margin and inventory efficiency through strategic inventory management for the departments he/she supports (both online and in the stores). This position works in close partnership with Merchandising, Finance, Marketing, Business Intelligence, Operations, Ecommerce and Store Management - and is responsible for reacting to current business trends and executing future business direction.
- Develop, execute and maintain Merchandise Financial Plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing & financial objectives of the company.
- Drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability: manage the financial success of the departments they support by meeting sales, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by department and class.
- Collaborate with merchandising to develop and communicate a comprehensive strategy that aligns future financial and product opportunities by department and class.
- Work with Marketing and Ecommerce teams in developing the Monthly Daily sales plans & forecasts. Ensure that events and promotional activities are reflected in the weekly plan/forecast.
- Create pre-season department/class / brand level plans that support departmental and company level strategies.
- Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan, and forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- Develop monthly forecasts of sales and inventory for Top 25 styles and develop strategies to meet department financial goals.
- Own open to buy including weekly meetings with supported merchants, forecasts and cross departmental meetings with finance, and other rollups and presentations as business needs dictate.
- Present financial forecast and supporting action plans in open to buy/monthly forecast meeting
- Participate in company and Brand initiatives as appropriate.
- Communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to manager and cross-functional team on a weekly basis including inventory and margin management guidance.
- Present financial plans, forecasts and strategies in key meetings
- Support a collaborative, innovative, and results-oriented environment with peers and cross-functional team.
- Provide manager with timely feedback on personal development and training needs.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices and develop systems knowledge.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional team (merchandising, BI, IT, Finance & marketing).
- Prioritize and set expectations around key deliverables with cross-functional team and peers.
- Develop cross-divisional relationships to share best practices.
- Provide site recommendations regarding product placement and maximization of trend performance.
- Identify any processes, systems, and/or reporting needed to manage the business and work with BI & IT to implement incremental reporting/tools.
Skills and Job Requirements:
- 3+ years of retail planning experience required. Multi-channel experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience driving a retail business through merchandise planning, inventory and margin management.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and strong aptitude to learn technical applications quickly.
- Thorough understanding, experience with and/or knowledge of best-in-class inventory management practices.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to administer high volumes of data and information in a timely and highly accurate manner.
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude and maintain enthusiasm and team player approach at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability and effectiveness at building trusting open, working relationships with multiple stakeholders throughout an organization while managing the needs of the business.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver accurate work.
- Ability to work well under pressure and while multi-tasking.
- A passion for and participation in the sports we promote is preferred, but not necessary.
evo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe the participation of individuals of diverse ages, races, religions, cultures, abilities and personalities will add to personal development and organizational success. All employees and potential employees will be recruited, selected, trained, and promoted without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, marital or military status, age, national origin, color, the presence of any mental, physical, or sensory disability, genetic information, gender identity, political ideology , or any other basis prohibited by law.