This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Wellness Center Attendant at Wichita Falls YMCA serves others by intentionally welcoming, connecting, and supporting them and inviting them to get involved and give back to the community.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Creates a safe environment in which all individuals feel welcomed and respected; build relationships with and among members and program participants.
- Communicates appropriately with individuals based on readiness to change; coaches them in support of their desired behavior change and regularly checks on members’ progress in meeting personal and program goals.
- Shares wellness program information with members, using available tools and resources (e.g., handouts, schedules).
- Asks and answers questions (e.g., post-enrollment interview) and displays empathy in support of helping members and program participants define and build confidence to achieve their health and wellness goals based on their personal goals, cultural background, healthcare needs, diverse abilities and interests; develops plans to meet their individual needs.
- Identifies and celebrates the successes of members and program participants.
- Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Maintains and cleans equipment according to the schedule or as requested by supervisor.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
- Works various hours and locations to meet association needs.
- Adheres to association and position training requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Developing Self & Others
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.