SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This multifaceted position is responsible for maintaining, monitoring, administering, and repairing information/communication/networking technology hardware/software equipment, analyzing agencies requests for service and maintenance calls, and leading multiple projects which require sound decision making and good project management skills. Due to the type of industry, work may be performed in ADCOM911 IT shop environment or other facilities and availability must be 24/7/365.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and resolve events
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish tasks
- Coordinate as needed with members of the IT team and work collaboratively to complete ongoing projects and assigned tasks
- Maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others
- Keep uptodate technically and apply new knowledge to IT resources
- Perform other related work as required
DUTIES ASSIGNED TO SPECFIC JOB FUNCTION:
- Assist and/or perform corrective and preventive hardware maintenance on, switches, firewalls, uninterruptable power supplies (UPS), and other data center infrastructure.
- Successfully support mission-critical business systems through the design, deployment, and maintenance of local and wide area network (LAN/WAN) infrastructure technologies.
- Provide documentation for configurations and maintaining enterprise repository of systems documentation.
- Support and troubleshoot a mix of networking technologies including MPLS, Multi VRF and BGP working within a public safety dispatch environment.
- Configuration, provisioning, and deployment of designed network solutions from build to deployment within IP Routing, MPLS / BGP environment.
- Act as the first responder to infrastructure troubletickets including LAN/WAN/WLAN switching, network protocols, cabling, remote access equipment, PC, server issues and telephony devices.
- Administer enterprise monitoring software ensuring that all network systems are performing as expected.
- Create documentation and maintain the enterprise repository of systems documentation.
- Collaborate and assist with the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Layer 2 and 3 routing/switching hardware, software and configurations, server hardware, video teleconferencing hardware and software, WIFI, telephony equipment, and network security systems.
- Provide afterhours support for technical issues, as needed.
- Provide research and recommendations on new technologies.
- Provide telecommunications network design, programming and installation support services for server, desktop applications and hardware.
- Review cabling infrastructure standards, codes, design, and troubleshooting process.
- Test new devices to determine viability and network implications.
- Provide training to users as it relates to telecommunications equipment and features.
- Review proposals for accuracy and completeness as well as pricing to ensure compliance to the contract.
- Assist with architecting LAN/WAN/WLAN solutions for new construction or modifications to existing structures using architect plans, conducting corrective and preventive hardware maintenance on servers, switches, routers, and UPS systems; and troubleshooting WAN and Internet infrastructure.
- Performing disaster recovery operations when required.