KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of characteristics of modern public safety telecommunications equipment including computer aided dispatch systems and the ability to troubleshoot operational equipment to include, but not limited to, TRITECH CAD, Positron Phone System (including reporting software), and the radio system.
- Modern office technology and understanding/proficiency with equipment, including computers and related software applications, to include but not limited to Excel, Microsoft Office, Outlook, CodeRed, PowerPhone, Schedule Express and any other critical systems
- Working knowledge and ability to detect problems with building maintenance to include, but not limited to, heating and air conditioning units.
- Thorough knowledge of Adcom911 Policies and Procedures and ability to apply same
- Principles of supervision and training.
- Operations, services and activities of a public safety telecommunications and dispatch center.
- Techniques of questioning for both emergency and non-emergency calls.
- Dispatching techniques with use of radio system for communicating and receiving information.
- Customer service principles and problem resolution techniques.
- Principles and practices of record keeping and documentation.
- Geographic features and locations within the area served.
- Operational characteristics of modern public safety telecommunications equipment including computer aided dispatch systems.
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Applicable Federal, State, and local codes, laws, and regulations.
- Self-Management by setting well-defined and realistic personal goals, monitors progress and is motivated to achieve personal goals. Manages own time, and completes assignments and tasks as expected in a timely manner. Deals with stress effectively.
- Maintain Operational proficiency in dispatch skills and protocols.
- Be Flexible and adapt quickly to changes and willing to adjust schedule for unexpected assignments or to fulfill responsibilities.
- Remain calm and controlled under stressful situations.
- Perform multiple duties while also exercising good judgment and making sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Display a high level of effort and commitment towards performing work and demonstrates responsible behavior.
- Provide understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, cooperation, concern, and respect to others. Relate well to people from varied backgrounds and cultures.
- Present a positive attitude, professional demeanor and an ability to counsel, coach, and motivate others.
- Understand and apply the tenets of emotional intelligence to relationships with direct reports, management, agencies, vendors, and citizens.
- Foster positive relationships.
- Monitor activities in the communications center and takes appropriate action to ensure excellent service delivery is provided.
- Ability to effectively communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Geographic knowledge of the area served.
- Ability to train and assist in personnel training.
- Functional knowledge and competent in use of NIMS.
- Effectively utilize modern public safety telecommunications equipment including computer aided dispatch systems and operational equipment to include, but not limited to, TRITECH CAD(Preferred), Positron Phone System (including reporting software), and the radio system.
- Effectively utilize modern office technology and equipment, including computers and related software applications, to include but not limited to Excel, Microsoft Office, Outlook, CodeRed, PowerPhone, Schedule Express and any other critical systems.(Preferred Software Programs)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED, supplemented by specialized training in public safety communications or a related field.
- Two (2) years of public safety dispatching experience (consecutive or cumulative) at the Lead level or One (1) year of public safety supervisory experience within 911 emergency dispatching center. Must have previous dispatching experience in police and/or fire disciplines.
POSSESSION OF, OR ABILITY TO OBTAIN, AND MAINTAIN A CURRENT CERTIFICATION FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Valid unrestricted Colorado Driver’s License or Colorado Identification Card
- CTO Certification
- CJIS Compliancy
- EMD Certification (PowerPhone is current certification 2021)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check as required.
- Submit to fitness for duty evaluations if required.
- Maintain proficiency in all duties of the Communication Center for Call Taking and Dispatching to included but not limited to: ECS I, II, III, Fire Board Channels and Law Enforcement Channels, Service Channel.
- Successful candidate is subject to a one (1) probationary period.
- Meet or exceed expectations on yearly performance evaluation.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL Requirements
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met. Employee may be required to sit for prolonged periods
Work Environment Conditions
- Office Environment - works in a clean, comfortable environment.
- Some exposure to noise and unpleasant situations.
Required Physical Activity
- The employee is required to have normal vision.
- The employee is required to have normal hearing.
- The employee is required to be able to speak clearly to effectively communicate and elicit information or give information others.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, twist, and use repetitive motions in the conduct of work.
- The employee is required to perform light lifting.
The employee is required to stay calm during stressful situations.