This position will assist the Guide Manager with general management responsibilities for the Guides and assist with hiring, training, coaching, performance management, and policy administration. The Guide Supervisor may also be responsible for the overall management of certain designated groups such as the Grand Canyon Guides, Enchantment Guides, and Site Hosts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Guide Manager with recruiting, hiring, and training the best Guides in Sedona.
- Assist Guide Manager in developing guide training materials and conduct new guide training to ensure sufficient knowledge of trails, driving skills, flora/fauna, Sedona history, Pink Jeep history, CPR training, and interpretive guiding techniques.
- Participates in tour ride-alongs and conducts performance evaluations for new hires and other Guides for regular performance feedback. Conducts follow up coaching and training as necessary
- Develop effective communication with Guides (from memo creation to Guide meeting participation).
- Assist with managing daily activities of Guide staff to achieve optimum efficiency, responsive service levels, and high productivity while ensuring a memorable tour for our customers.
- Handle personnel issues as appropriate within Pink Jeep’s guidelines to ensure consistency and fairness while maintaining high morale among the Guides. Document issues for management notification.
- Ensure Guides meet the dress code, observe tour etiquette guidelines (smoking/passenger escort/cell phone use) and execute emergency procedures as set forth by the company.
- Assist with defining processes and implementing procedural changes.
- Assist with analyzing tour demand and guide availability to ensure coverage coach new guides on schedule process and ensure timely bid implementation.
- Work with Guide Manager to establish Jeep cleaning guidelines; and coach Guides on importance of Jeep appearance, cleanliness, and Jeep check-out process.
- Observe Jeep loading and unloading of passengers to provide feedback.
- Assist with maintaining the Guide Manual - outlining process, procedures, and company guidelines. Perform ongoing review of Guide Manual to keep material updated and fresh.
- Demonstrate outstanding teamwork creating trust for both Guides and management.
- Work with Guide Manager to consistently evaluate and improve policies, procedures and workflow. Ensure staff is trained, proficient and following company policies and procedures.
- Conducts tours when business demand warrants
- Oversees scheduling, training, and conducts performance evaluations for these departments. Holds meetings to ensure departments are kept updated on company and departmental issues, goals, and activities.
- Develops and maintains positive ongoing relationships with the Forest Service and National Park Service, and other strategic partnerships
- Special projects as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Strong organizational, research and follow up skills
- Detail oriented and able to see the big picture, i.e. understand how responsibilities fit with company goals and values
- Self starter who demonstrates initiative
- Good time management skills
- Must be able to maintain sensitive information in a confidential manner