Ability to: Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
Prioritize and organize.
Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
Follow directions thoroughly.
Understand guest's service needs.
Work cohesively with co workers as part of a team.
Work with minimal supervision.
Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent resort data.
Makes eye contact, demonstrates correct body language, and smiles, readily to assist and service guests.
Ability to speak, read & write English.
1. High school graduate.
2. Fluency in English both verbal and non verbal.
3. Fluency in second language, preferably Spanish.
4. Previous training in guest relations.
5. Previous experience in hospitality industry, preferably Housekeeping in a resort market.
6. 1 year prior experience in a spa environment.
7. Knowledge of proper lifting techniques and chemical handling.
8. Knowledge of hydrotherapy and holistic health care.
1. Exert physical effort in transporting dirty linen (40 pounds) to storage room.
2. Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas including walking up and down stairs with loaded arms.
3. Reach 3 feet.
4. Remain active for 2 hours at a time.
5. Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co workers to their understanding.
6. Exert physical effort to perform cleaning, remove dirt and debris from various surfaces.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. *Tour guests/members through indoor baths.
2. *Assist and service guest to their DIY services.
3. *Suggest guests of the holistic bath services and mud lounge treatment experiences.
4. Guide guests/members to their locker rooms.
5. Guide guest to the meditation rooms.
6. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
7. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
8. Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
9. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
10. Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
11. Be familiar with all bathing components and hydrotherapy culture philosophy and services to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
12. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
13. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas ongoing.
14. Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and resort requirements.
15. *Inspect & prep bathing areas before and after use by guests.
16. Empty water from soaking tubs and wipe all surfaces dry.
17. Maintain & sanitize stocked lockers with appropriate sized robe, sandals, and towel.
18. Maintain & sanitize un-stocked lockers.
19. Maintain order in distribution of pre-sized locker contents in locker rooms.
20. Maintain stock & sanitize refreshment areas in hammam, tea service areas and water coolers in all areas.
21. Transport maintenance caddy with cleaning supplies, amenities and linens to areas in need.
22. Empty trash containers and dispose of used service containers ongoing.
23. Remove all dirty terry and replace with clean par in areas concerned.
24. Inspect & maintain bathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub, shower curtain and floor free from soil, dirt, soap build up and hair
25. Replace facial, toilet tissue and bathroom amenities in correct amount and location.
26. Clean surfaces in bathrooms on on-going schedule.
27. Inspect condition of sandals, towels and bathrobes and replace soiled/damaged ones.
28. Assist therapists in removal of dirty table linens and stocking rooms with clean linen.
29. Assist therapists and staff in keeping storage closets clean.
20. Dust and polish surface areas as needed.
21. Inspect condition of facilities daily for wear, stains, cracks, etc.; use a maintenance request and report any damages to Manager on Duty & enter Spa Report in log book.
22. Set correct time on all clocks.
23. Clean all lamps and light switches as needed; check for proper working order.
24. Remove dust, spots and smears from windows, ledges and frames.
25. Inspect condition of amenities in locker rooms; replace designated amounts at proper locations ongoing.
26. Monitor and remove dust, dirt, marks and fingerprints from all door(s) ongoing.
27. Ensure presence of fire safety gear and emergency & caution signage.
28. Assist Housekeeping & Engineering with the removal of dust, dirt and smudges from vents, grids and thermostat. Set thermostats to designated temperature.
29. Inspect & maintain that all baseboards, ledges and corners are free from dust, stains and marks.
30. Return laundry caddy and any equipment used to appropriate area at end of shift.
31. Wipe any equipment used until it is clean.
32. Ensure security of any assigned property keys.
33. Turn over any lost and found items to the spa coordinator.
These job functions are representative of minimum desired levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the applicant will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty safely and proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests. This description may have excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform other job related duties assigned by a manager. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.