Caribou Medical Center is a 25 bed critical access hospital that is dedicated to an organizational culture where leadership is committed to the development of people, and employees feel supported, valued, and inspired.
Our Mission is to be the trusted center of healing for the communities we serve.
Our Visions is to partner with communities we serve, be a catalyst for patient-centered care in a healing environment, and commit to the stewardship of healthcare resources to provide sustainable, high quality healthcare.
We Value integrity, respect, progressive, cooperative, honorable, and trusted.
As a member of our team we offer support for continuing education, competitive wages, and a full benefits package. Benefits package includes:
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Shield/ Identify Theft program
- 401 K with employer match up to 8%
- Health Reimbursement Account
Summary/Objective: The applicant would work primarily on Acute Care (Hospital) floor but will be cross trained in other departments. RNs provides independent professional nursing care to patients with complex problems in one or more clinical areas as defined by the Idaho Board of Nursing. We are looking for dedicated team members to be a part of our person-centered facility. The applicant needs to be invested in our organization's Mission, Vision, and Values. We base compensation on years of experience, apply now to join our progressive nursing team.
$30.07 new grad- increased compensation based on experience
- $3.00 Charge Nurse
- $1.00 Weekend
- $1.50 Nights
- $2.00 incentives for national certifications
- Med Surg- 6:1
- ER 4:1
- ICU 1:1
- OB 1:1
Opportunities to gain experience across all nursing disciplines, often cross train nursing in areas of interest.
1. Applies the clinical discipline of professional nursing through the nursing process.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and care center's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient/resident problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- The nurse interacts effectively with physicians as an advocate of patient care.
- The nurse sets priorities for nursing care based on the care plan and delivers care in a timely manner.
- The nurse collaborates with the clinical nursing staff and other clinical disciplines to evaluate the patient's/residents response to the care plan and nursing intervention.
- Effectively demonstrates the ability to delegate appropriately as guided by policy and Idaho Board of Nursing.
- Demonstrates the ability to use critical thinking skills within the nursing profession.
2. The professional nurse demonstrates ability to perform technical tasks and procedures safely and accurately.
- The RN successfully completed the performance standards inclusive of the yearly competencies for the primary area.
- Follows all National and facility standards for safe medication administration and security using resources available and critical thinking skills.
- Effectively assists in the orientation of new employees when requested.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
3. Completes appropriate documentation.
- Documents patient charges for area worked.
- Receives and initiates physician's orders correctly.
- Obtains patients consents and refusals.
- Completes and updates patient medication history on admission and as needed.
- Completes incident reports and medication error vigilance by following through with reporting process.
- Documentation and care plans will be thorough, and completed within an appropriate time frame in relation to care given
4. Maintains effective communications.
- Promotes positive work climate.
- Communicates with providers and other care team members.
- Strives to problem solve conflicts by using proper communication channels and chain of command.
5. Provides for optimal patient/resident safety.
- Follows all facility protocols and policies.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations.
- Performs any routine or emergency check lists established in the clinical area.
- Participates in committees and projects that contribute to patient safety.
- Readily suggests process improvements aimed at refining patient safety.
6. Respects patient's rights to privacy and dignity.
- Observes all aspects of HIPPA in protecting patient/resident information and reports concerns for breeches.
- Champions projects related to patient environmental concerns and needs.
- Shows awareness of current patient satisfaction rating for the organization and is engaged in improvement projects.
7. Other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Completes required education/skill/competencies.
- Attends and actively participates in interdepartmental meetings/education/competencies. Actively participates by giving constructive input.
- Refers to and follows policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development and attainment of departmental goals
- Contributes to the overall functioning of CMC and the department by assisting where and when needed. Functions as a positive team player.
- Maintains a clean, safe working environment.
- Assists in QI/QA as requested including data collection.
- Effectively communicates with other team members.
- Completes required work accurately and in a timely manner.
Job Related Behaviors
- Integrity/Pride/Honor: Exhibits the highest standards of professionalism in dealings with co-workers, employers, visitors, patients and residents both inside and outside of the facility.
- Respect/Equality: Treats others as he/she would like to be treated.
- Communication: Communicates openly and honestly and in a way that is clear and understandable. Uses positive communication and communicate appropriately with all CMC departments.
- Compassion: Creates an environment of safety and trust for patients/residents/employees
- Trust: Demonstrates trust in co-workers.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates honesty and integrity. Always strive to give 100%
- Safety: Creates/Ensures that work environment is safe for patients, residents, employees and visitors.
- Fiscal Responsibility: Is a good steward of CMC resources.
- Ambassadorship: Uses good judgement in behavior, appearance, words and actions. Remembers that employees are on stage at all times.
- Quality: Is proficient, competent and efficient.
- Teamwork: Lends a hand whenever possible to ensure top-notch patient/resident care.
- Commitment: Committed to co-workers, patients, residents and providers.
This job operates in a hospital setting. This role requires regular walking to various locations around the hospital. This role may come in contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses. There may be risk of exposure to blood and bodily fluids, latex, and odors/chemicals.