Who We Are
Founded in 1980, the Center for the Collaborative Classroom is a mission-driven, nonprofit organization committed to ensuring that all students have the opportunity to become highly literate critical thinkers who learn from, care for, and respect one another. Our research-based curricula help children appreciate the ideas and opinions of others, learn to agree and disagree respectfully, and think critically about big ideas. Our programs are used in 80,000 classrooms across the country and impact the lives of over 2 million students daily, raising student grades and test scores, while building relationships and bolstering student and teacher engagement.
Internally, our work culture reflects our philosophy in the classrooms by creating a collaborative work environment that values teamwork, collaboration, and respect for all differences that each individual brings to our organization.
Who We Need: Manager of Educational Partnerships
Center for the Collaborative Classroom is seeking a Manager of Educational Partnerships who will work across an assigned territory (California) to support our overall growth, market penetration, and implementation goals. The ideal candidate is an experienced educator who brings strong literacy expertise and a commitment to both our pedagogy and expanding Collaborative Classroom’s growth. You will be responsible for an annual revenue goal and developing a sales strategy for your territory (California). This role reports to the Regional Directory for the territory.
You will be part of a dynamic relationship-building sales team focused on making an impact in school districts across the country. Your engagement will make a difference at every level through managing your territory (California) effectively. You will:
- Understand local district funding and initiatives, align Collaborative Classroom programs to support those needs, and assist schools and districts with quotes and purchase orders.
- Collaborate to organize online campaigns, identify and host events that invite educators to professional learning opportunities.
- Identify relevant conferences and apply to present and exhibit.
- Develop relationships with districts in your region that lead to meeting or exceeding assigned sales goals.
- Work with schools and district leaders to pilot Collaborative Literacy programs--setting up professional learning and benchmarks to measure impact.
- Follow up with current customers on implementation, professional learning support, and expanding Collaborative Classroom programs within the district.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will bring demonstrated confidence interacting with key decision-makers, experience as a presenter for adult learners as well as demonstrated presence and facility with social media: Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn; Salesforce (preferred).
- 5 years of experience in professional learning, teaching, coaching, and/or administration
- Basic relationship-sales knowledge
- Knowledge of K–8 pedagogy and best practices in literacy instruction
- Ability to travel throughout the assigned territory (California) and occasionally nationally
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Data savvy and able to prioritize, plan and execute sales strategies in a fast-paced work environment
- Technology Skills: Facility with Google Suite, Mac OS, MS Office Suite, and shared filing systems; Salesforce (preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Teaching Credential (preferred)
• Administrative Credential (preferred)
• Master’s/Doctorate (preferred)
• Lift at least 25 pounds
• Car available
What Else You Should Know
This is a full-time position and salary will be commensurate with experience. The Benefits package includes a rich, comprehensive program that includes: Paid time off (sick, vacation, 10 holidays, disability), Healthcare (medical, dental, vision), disability, life insurance, and 403b retirement plan.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (required) when completing your application.
Center for the Collaborative Classroom is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to racial equity and social justice. We believe that each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and in our work environment and are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through our inclusive programs.