The Senior Development Manager identifies, recommends and writes new grants in support of the Foundations strategic pillars where we Live, Learn, Work, Worship, and Play. Additionally, the Senior Development Manager manages donation tracking, events, and general fundraising efforts with primary responsibility for executing the Member Donor Strategy to substantially increase participation in the annual giving campaign on behalf of APAF. The Senior Development Manager acts as the primary Salesforce administrator for APAF and is responsible for transforming the Foundations use of Salesforce in order to deliver timely and robust reporting, while increasing the efficiency of the Foundations operations and enabling data driven decision making. This position is responsible for forming and cultivating relationships with the largest Foundations to ensure the proactive inclusion of APAF on grant opportunity solicitations. This position also assists with the Corporate and Foundation Relations in the industry liaison function, coordinating Fundraising program related meetings and conferences, and represents the Foundation at external events. The Senior Development Manager also contributes as needed to public education program activities with key partners in the Judges and Psychiatrists Leadership Initiative, Notice Talk Act at School, Center for Workplace Mental Health and other APAF programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage business development activities
- Operates as the Foundation Expert and owns Salesforce NPSP CRM including:
- Build the capability within the Foundation to use Salesforce as a central repository for the tracking and reporting of grant proposals, grant renewals, contract renewals that can be accessed by all Foundation Staff.
- Manage donations through Salesforce, provide tax-deductible receipts to donors
- Data and analytics of donor campaign performance and glean insights from data to recommend campaign and solicitation improvements
- Develop and maintain timely Salesforce reports, update individual and corporate donor profiles, track grant processes, build flow automation processes, and upload data, in collaboration with APA IT department
Develop prospect pipeline, recording and reporting mechanisms
- Transform, develop and implement the gift acknowledgment process that ensures all donors receive appropriate recognition for their tax-deductible contribution and follows up appropriately to steward donor relationship
- Drive Foundation efficiency by developing and implementing a repository for grant responses that can be repurposed for future grant opportunities.
- Manage Salesforce integrations, i.e. Give Lively/Stripe, Eventbrite, etc.
- Represent and Lead the APAF through fundraising activities at APA meetings, partner events, and other external activities
- Point person on Development Team for all activities associated with APA Internally Facing Member Events (i.e. September Components Meeting and Mental Health Services Conference) to include, planning, booth presentation, materials and staffing
- Support Benefit planning and logistics, to include ticket sales, venue set-up, communications and marketing materials, event program and on-site check-in
- Provide support to Associate Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations for Corporate Advisory Council dues payments, meetings, and activities.
- Reach target goals for Annual Fund contributions through fundraising campaigns
- review and revise website and marketing material content for targeted fundraising campaigns.
- Create and update targeted and segmented donor lists
- Update and publish Honor Roll on website, printed in Psych News and Annual Report, and displayed at APA meetings.
- APAF Grant Writing
- Identify grant opportunities by navigating and building relationships with the largest Foundations and Charitable organizations to proactively ensure Foundation is on the call list for grant proposals. Brings the Director, Development and/or Executive Director in as needed for senior level engagements.
- Writes grants and manages the timely receipt of content from other subject matter experts for inclusion in grants.
- Tracks submissions and outcomes
- Research and Recommend Expansion Opportunities
- Research and make recommendations on prospective foundations and charitable organizations for grant or partnership opportunities
- Research and recommendations on prospective corporate partnerships and donation opportunities
- APAF Communications
- Manage online presence of APAF on Guidestar, Charity Navigator, , etc.
- Manage production of promotional materials such as brochures, reports and advertisements to promote the work of APAF and ensure consistency in message, themes and look for all promotional materials for the programs.
- Maintain relationships with vendors for production of promotional marketing materials, including posters, banners, pens, giveaways, and mass mailings.
- Overseeing and managing calendar of donor solicitations with designated communications and marketing team members
- Ensuring timely review and approval of marketing requests and materials provided by communications and marketing team members