Plant Maintenance Supervisor
Gotham Greens Maintenance & Safety
The Plant Maintenance Supervisor is a key member of the Gotham Greens Maintenance & Safety Team. This role will assist and supervise daily maintenance and general upkeep of all assigned facilities and equipment. This is a hands-on role requiring knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and property/facility maintenance. This role will report to the Director of Maintenance & Safety, while collaborating and supporting site Plant Managers and Grow Teams to ensure optimal performance and mitigated downtime of all production operations. This role will have the opportunity to work with world-class greenhouse technology and assist in future agricultural projects and initiatives.
- Supervise team of site Maintenance Technicians.
- Operate Maintenance Management System (MMS) ensuring timely completion of assigned work, preventative maintenance, inventory monitoring, and vendor quality.
- Respond to Corrective Maintenance requests, create workorders, and assign labor.
- Collaborate with Plant Managers to develop critical work priorities.
- Assist Technicians with installation/maintenance of electro-mechanical and hydraulic components and systems.
- Maintain safe working environment for all employees, adhering to OSHA and Food Safety regulations and guidance.
- Site authority for all LOTO maintenance and hazardous energy isolation projects.
- Coordinate with network colleagues to create maintenance best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate with vendors to plan preventative maintenance and emergency repairs as needed.
- Provide strong leadership and guidance to Maintenance Technicians, instilling sense of urgency, safety, and pride in work.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Facility or Manufacturing supervisory experience.
- Strong aptitude in areas such as HVAC, residential or commercial electrical, plumbing, and/or pneumatic systems.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and blueprints.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Strong communicator and collaborator.
- Strong knowledge of hand tools, powered tools, and commercial equipment.
- Willingness to be a team player, while providing guidance, training, and support to junior team members.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience or certifications as an electrician operating 3 Phase/480 in an industrial setting.
- Certifications or education from trade schools or universities in the fields of industrial or mechanical engineering and technology.
- Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing programmable equipment, including PLCs, automated conveyance, photo-eyes, pressure sensors, transducers, etc.
- Lean Six Sigma / Project Management experience.
- OSHA / HAZMAT / Fire Safety Certifications.