This opportunity is to oversee our Emerson Intensive 18 Bed Treatment Unit
Bournewood Health Systems is dedicated to providing quality, evidence-based and person-centered treatment for people with mental health and substance use conditions in a safe and respectful environment in partnership with the individuals and families we serve, focusing on support, hope and recovery.
Bournewood Hospital is committed to a philosophy of an environment of care in which we treat people with dignity, respect and mutuality; protect their rights; provide the best care possible; support them in returning to their natural communities; and include patients and families as partners in their treatment. Our philosophy stands for providing a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, families and staff in which restraint and seclusion are prevented through the use of a range of resources and tools.
Responsible for care and treatment delivered to persons served 24/7 on an established 18-bed adult intensive treatment program. Must be familiar with the Six Core Strategies© and have experience in efforts to reduce the use of restraints and seclusion. Incumbent must be familiar with or have worked in a treatment environment that is recovery oriented, trauma informed, collaborative and strives to prevent coercion. Incumbent is required to support and guide staff in delivering trauma-informed care to the individuals we serve. Incumbent will participate in hospital committees, provide supervision for unit staff and participate in hospital initiatives to improve safety for staff, persons served and families. The nurse manager is a member of the nurse leadership team and participates in developing and implementing plans to improve nursing practice in the treatment milieu.
- Registered Nursing license in Massachusetts is required.
- BSN is required and MSN is preferred.
- Experience in psychiatric and mental health nursing and CPR certifications are required.
- Demonstrated leadership in prior experience. Experience in leading staff in utilizing best practices in mental health is desired.
- Knowledgeable with the 6 core strategies.
- Ability to provide guidance for staff in meeting regulatory requirements.
- Ensures staff delivers quality care to persons served.
- Implements practices and supports trauma informed care.
- Maintains staffing to meet established budgets.
- Responsible for care delivered 24 hours per day.