Overview: A Youth Program Coach is someone who is enthusiastic and proactive in the development of the next generation of climbers. Coaches are patient, understanding, and adaptable to the climbing needs of each climber.
- Assist and communicate with fellow team members and other departments such as Customer Experience, Facilities, Groups & Parties, and Route Setting wherever necessary;
- Uphold current vaccination and PPE policies set in place;
- Assist youth program participants in the check-in and out process;
- Work with kids in Sender City and in the primary Sender One climbing facility;
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 30lbs;
- Manage the inherent risks involved with climbing;
- Answer youth program-related questions and create a connection with the climbers parents;
- Have a high level of product knowledge of gym offerings including but not limited to Day Use, Multi Day Use, Memberships for Sender One, Sender City Annual Pass, Groups & Parties offerings, Youth Program offerings, Yoga & Fitness offerings, and ongoing community & gym events.
- Have a basic understanding and ability to assist with Pro Shop products;
- Lead practices with the provided curriculum from the Assistant Head Coach/Head Coach;
- Complete department & operations checklist(s) in a timely manner;
- Take initiative to help the team progress to our shared purpose - discover ourselves and connect with others through climbing.
- Passionate about climbing, working with kids, and instructing;
- Ability to harness imagination and find novel approaches to shared responsibilities;
- Ability to learn and grow from each task, challenge, and interaction while seeing them through to the end;
- Open to receiving and providing feedback, guidance, insight, assistance, and perspective in a professional manner;
- Work with a team, provide support to fellow team members, share ideas, and earn trust;
- Take initiative and have the drive to grow professionally.