Answers in Genesis EMT’s will render aid to employees, staff and guests at the level in which they are certified. Basic Life Support (BLS) Promptly responds to requests for medical treatment, both emergency and non-emergency, and provides appropriate medical evaluation and care to the limit of his/her certification and training. Professionally interacts with other medical personnel. Provides accurate written and verbal reports. This position will allow one to impact others through a service mindset centered on making an eternal difference. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments
- Establishing medical protocols and standing orders for communications and patient care personnel
- Serving as a liaison with the local medical community
- Render patient care utilizing the Standard of Care approved by our Medical Director.
- Providing support for Paramedics rendering advanced life support type treatment if required.
- Ensuring medical bags are fully stocked at the beginning of shift, re-stocking of bags with supplies as needed and inspecting equipment to ensure proper function.
- Inspect and maintain all AED’s and First Aid Kits throughout the park.
- Maintain all medical related equipment.
- Perform monthly test and checks on all Emergency Lights, Emergency Exit Signs and Fire Extinguishers.
- Completes all required EMS paperwork accurately, and timely.
- Participate in station housekeeping duties on a consistent basis.
- Create a positive customer service experience
- All other duties as directed or assigned by supervision.