Receives direction and responsibilities from the Housekeeping Management. Participates in a wide range of housekeeping duties to ensure that every area our staff and guests are exposed to is clean, healthy, and attractive with specific attention to the cleanliness of the whole Creation Museum facility. This position will allow one to impact others through a service mindset centered on making an eternal difference. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments
- Performs housekeeping and janitorial duties to help maintain high standard of cleanness. Duties include: trash pick-up, dusting furniture, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, cleaning hallways, detail restroom cleaning (private office and public spaces), floor, waxing, window cleaning, etc.
- Cleaning the bathroom sinks, toilets, floors, and mirrors
- Cleaning floors in museum restaurant and other museum public areas
- Cleaning all areas open to the public in museum spaces
- Process trash removal and corrugated scraps with a compacter
- Keeps track of janitorial supplies that are used
- Polishes all door brass and necessary furniture in conference rooms
- Identify and assist key areas for possible improvement, involving facilities maintenance
- Routinely inspects and maintains: main building and outlying restrooms
- Maintains, secure, clean, organized work areas and storage rooms
- Uses appropriate machinery to clean floors, bathrooms, carpet and concrete
- Flexibility - Starting times fluctuate due to closing times of the Museum (based on season)
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned by management