Receives direction and responsibilities from the Housekeeping Management. Participates in a wide range of housekeeping duties to ensure that every area our staff and guests are exposed to is clean, healthy, and attractive with specific attention to the cleanliness of the whole Creation Museum facility. The Specialist is also responsible for ensuring all Museum set ups and tear downs are covered, including developing methods and procedures to keep up with changing demands and priorities. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments
- Performs housekeeping and janitorial duties to help maintain high standard of cleanness. Duties include: trash pick-up, dusting furniture, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, cleaning hallways, detail restroom cleaning (private office and public spaces), floor, waxing, window cleaning, etc.
- Cleaning the bathroom sinks, toilets, floors, mirrors and restock bathroom closets as necessary
- Cleans staff lunchroom including: wiping down tables, microwaves, refrigerators, and floor care (sweep, mop or scrub)
- Cleans floors in museum restaurants
- Cleaning all areas open to the public in museum spaces
- Process trash removal and corrugated scraps with a compacter
- Keeps track janitorial supplies that are used
- Polishes all door brass and necessary furniture in conference rooms
- Assist with set-up and tear down of special events for Guests (applicable to all rooms where events occur)
- Clean up after high profile meetings
- Responsible for tablecloth: upkeep and storage
- Responsible for all laundry accumulated by housekeeping and accommodations.
- Responsible for all chairs: upkeep and storage
- Responsible for pipe and drape set-ups
- All Housekeeping Christmas Town needs
- Identify and assess key areas for possible improvement, involving facilities maintenance
- Routinely inspects and maintains: main building, outlying restrooms and pavilions
- Maintains, secure, clean, organized work areas and storage rooms
- Uses appropriate machinery to clean floors, bathrooms, carpet and concrete
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.