CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled (First Review: December 2, 2022)
POSITION: LRCHC Medical Assistant
STARTING SALARY: $17.54 per hour
REPORTS TO: LRCHC Registered Nurse/Medical Director
LOCATION: Inchelium, Washington
Lake Roosevelt Community Health Centers provide responsive, high quality health care services that meet the needs of all users in a non-discriminatory, confidential, compassionate, and professional atmosphere. To meet this mission, it is expected that all employees, regardless of job title, perform their job duties in a professional manner; this expectation includes awareness of and high-quality service to our many customers, developing and maintaining job competence, ethical personal behavior, the development, and maintenance of supportive and caring relationships with others at work and basic professional integrity. Meeting these expectations is a minimum requirement for continued employment.
The incumbent will include getting the schedule ready and prepared for the Provider, making sure all the necessary equipment is ready and available for each patient visit. Responsible for hospital follow-up notes, labs, x-rays, CT scans, and MRI’s; Forms (L&I claims, C-Pap, etc.), Send prescriptions electronically or by fax. Verbally call-in prescriptions. Room patients. Clean and maintain examination and treatment rooms after each patient. Restocking medical tools and supplies. Management of equipment and supply inventory. Triage patient calls, address the issue, consult with Provider. Serve as a liaison between Provider, patient, and any other service providers. Record daily in EHR.
Education and Training:
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- A current Medical Assistant license through the State of Washington (required)
- 1-2 years prior experience in the medical field (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of clinical office procedures.
- Proficient in RPMS software.
- Skilled in general Medical Assistant duties
- Willingness to work as a good team member.
- Requires sufficient knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation to prepare professional correspondence and write and edit report text.
- Requires good telephone etiquette.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong computer skills and experience with health care databases and applications.
- Ability to exercise and use good judgement
- Ability to quickly, easily and accurately calculate dosages of medications.
- Ability to operate medical and office equipment.
Note: Pursuant to Tribal Policy, if this position is safety sensitive it is subject to pre-employment drug testing. In addition, this position is subject to reasonable suspicion and post-accident drug testing.
TRIBAL MEMBER AND INDIAN PREFERENCE WILL APPLY; PREFERENCE WILL ALSO BE GIVEN TO HONORABLY DISCHARGED VETERANS WHO ARE MINIMALLY QUALIFIED.
If required of this position, you must possess and maintain a valid Washington State driver’s license and be eligible for the Tribes’ Vehicle Insurance. In addition, this position may be subject to pre-employment background clearances. If applicable, these clearances must be maintained throughout employment. Covid-19 Vaccination is required.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Lake Roosevelt Community Health Centers, Human Resources, P. O. Box 290, Inchelium, WA 99138, Leeann Waters Romero, 509-722-7686, email@example.com